Friday, April 19, 2013

HUMANIZE ME








Just a few more minutes …but
Why the hell is this sun shining so bright today
I wanted the dark clouds
To give an impeccable ambience of
What I’m about to do


A few hours back
I was forced to bathe
Even though I procrastinated
For one goddam long week

The spread of delicious food
Swayed me like it was my last supper
Why I ate so little
Yearning was for something more …something red
Like wanting to listen
The thudding of heartbeats
Like a vampire craves at dusk

The dress turned out to be quite heavy
With the kind of built I have
But then I wanted to suffocate myself
An ignominious bastard

When prayer session started
I prayed for that woman
Finally forgave her
Her experience of affliction
How strangulated she must have felt
On the day I was born









  
I open my grip now
Look at the pink capsule
My master gave me before I was leaving
This is for me …an aid
As I’m about to embark on a new journey
This is to help ending all my sufferings
I might crush it …I don’t really want it
Slowly I keep it inside
The inner pocket of my jacket

*

I’m finally entering the main market
I can see hundreds of people shopping
The festivities are on full swing
I see happy people from distance
Children screaming and shouting in excitement
Men and women …eating …chitchatting …greeting each other …laughing …happy people everywhere 

I take ten more steps towards the hullabaloo

Do I like what I see?
Do I like this sensation of happiness in detecting?
Do I want the world to be like this?
Did I truly think the realm would be like this?
How can it be so colorful?

The wind starts blowing
Is it a sign for me?
I try to zip up my jacket
My finger gets wedged in between

A kid is crossing me with her mother
Is smiling at me
The red chubby cheeks …little innocent face
Everything about her pleases me


*
(...and I light the cigarette ...take four drags and write again.)
*


I now see fire and black smoke everywhere
I hear screaming and shouting
Men… women… kids… all traumatized
I see a hand a few steps in front of me
I’m alarmed …what the heck just happened?

I look for that little girl
Thank God I see her
Her mother …now hugging her so tight
Why is this girl looking at my feet?

I now realize…
She is not looking at my feet
But the debris sitting next to me
Full of blood…
Intestines and body parts everywhere

The next second I’m horrified

*

I was supposed to pull the trigger
In the next five minutes
Damn… my fucking finger
Instead of pulling the zip up …of my jacket
I pulled the switch ‘on’ of the bomb
Tied under my waist…







3 comments: